- Principal Network Engineer (044)
|Title:||- Principal Network Engineer (044)|
|Keywords:||CISCO Routers, Cisco Certs, IP Networking, Juniper Routers, Junipers Certs, Network Engineering & Support (IP), Network Management & Analysis, Redhat, Routing Protocols, TCP/IP|
The main purpose of this role is to establish a more comprehensive methodology around product testing, validation, certification and performance analysis of a variety of network topologies. This role shall play a crucial role in our ability to create and transition new products and capability for the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Works within the Network Strategy team to establish a global network testing and certification function
- Provides comprehensive guidance in the design, testing and implementation (delivery) of our global network including the GMN and OTN
- Responsible for owning and optimizing all process functions along with specifying internal OLAs and external SLAs for inter-departmental and cross organizational support
- Suggests and recommends improvements for all our network products
- Responsible for the our Network / IP Lab and providing a repeatable test framework that can be leveraged for the validation of our network products
- Provides support for product definition in a variety of areas
- Responsible for test plan generation and test plan reporting for all activities in the lab
- Primary support for customer focused Proof Of Concept (POC) engagements
- Continually stays abreast of industry trends and updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- JNCIP or equivalent, JNCIE a plus
- Linux certification, e.g. RHCE,
- Network Security Certification, e.g. SANS GIAC or CISSP
- PMP Certification or equivalent highly desirable
- ITIL Foundation Certification or better highly desirable
- Ability to communicate, manage and implement technical solutions on a global/enterprise scale.
- Strong analytic and proven strategic management skills.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of internal staff and management as well as with client and vendor representatives.
- Financial planning and management experience and success.
- Network and software architecture expertise
- Experienced using PM software such as MS Project Manager.
- Excellent command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Language skills: English; additional languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbal (English)
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in similar technical fields, organizations and industries (datacenters, telecom, SATCOM, ISPs)
- Proven experience with virtualization technology program roll outs
- Clear understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of automation framework (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience in a start-up environment is a plus
- Creative problem solver, willingness to push the envelope.
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- Resourcefully working through or around anything blocking things that need to be accomplished
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment and pivot to changes in direction accordingly