System Administrator - Linux - Network Operations
|Title:||System Administrator - Linux - Network Operations|
|Keywords:||Information Technology, Linux, NOC, Network Management & Analysis, Network Operation Center, Software Tools Support, Space / Satellite Operations|
The System Administrator is directly responsible for the development, implementation and management of mission critical systems infrastructure. The role is focused on providing highly available systems and capabilities to compliment our day-to-day mission.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
* Provide senior-level systems administration functions for a mixed environment (Linux & Windows), including project planning, systems design and engineering, performance management, security auditing, and capacity planning
* Implement and maintain high availability, scalable and cost effective infrastructure involved in the support of mission critical operations.
* Provide design guidance on the systems approach and roadmap.
* Work with engineering team on project management of large and small scale systems and services deployments
* Be proactive in recommending / implementing improvements to the existing network infrastructure in the drive for best in class service availability and reliability
* Provide third level systems and tools engineering support during office hours and 24/7 on an on call basis for services and network segments around the world
* Implement and maintain system security policies
* Work with vendors with particular regard to new service provision, incident management and systems upgrades
* Deployment of automated tools to aid in rapid deployment of systems and capabilities to drive business value.
* Ensure all systems are compliant with operational configuration guidelines
* Schedules, coordinates, and performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations
Education & certifications:
* BS Engineering or Computer Science or Relevant Experience.
* Certification: RHCE/RHCA required.
Skills & Experience:
* At least 3 years of experience as Linux system administrator.
* Strong Linux OS knowledge mandatory at least in one of: Centos, RHEL, Debian/Ubuntu.
* Strong scripting capabilities with at least in one language - required; perl, bash, python - advantage.
* Experience with Virtualization platform.
* Experience with SQL databases.
* Experience with NoSQL databases..
* Experience with Load Balancing.
* Experience with web servers.
* Experience with Automation such as Puppet, Chef, Salt.
* Experience with DNS service.
* Excellent/Good command of MS Office package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
* Fluency in English
*Must be a motivated self-starter, able to work without close supervision
* Proactive and hands on mentality
* Must be able to operate in a high stress environment without losing focus on the end customer or quality of service
* Willingness and ability to teach and train others
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to coordinate business requirements and day to day tasks, both autonomously and in interdisciplinary teams