The Operations Engineer, Staging & Integration works with the Operations engineering team to support configuration, testing and integration of customer equipment (satellite ground terminals and associated electronics/equipment). The role is a point of escalation for troubleshooting and repairs of customer solutions. The role is performed in the Network Operations Center and provides specific support to operations engineering.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Validate integrity of customer solutions prior to dispatch from the warehouse in NoVA
- Bench test and pre-configure customer equipment
- Create and maintain test procedures and documentation
- Support over the air testing of tracking antenna solutions
- Provide high level drawings and procedures to customers/Implementation engineers to install and interconnect tested solutions
- Provide remote support to global deployment and commissioning of customer solutions
- When required perform site installation of Satellite communication equipment and system commissioning/activations
- US Citizen, Green Card holder or US Permanent Resident
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid experience with communications satellite systems
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of computer literacy across various platforms
- Language skills: English fluency, additional languages a plus
- Good communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- A strong communicator and a world class attitude to customer service
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to get things done
- Resourcefully working through or around anything blocking things that need to be accomplished
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the satellite/Telecom/RF industry
- Preferably has previous experience in installing and operating satellite terminal systems, VSAT experience a plus
- Experience and good understanding on operating RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators and power meters.
- Working knowledge of satellite communications baseband, network management, and modem systems equipment.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of IP, IP addressing and subnetting, ability to perform network troubleshooting with basic tools such as ping, trace route. Ability to use more advanced network tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark, IPERF is desirable.