Shipping & Receiving Specialist
|Title:||Shipping & Receiving Specialist|
Main purpose of this role
The Shipping & Receiving Specialist will provide shipping support for the Operations department by supporting the Virginia Warehouse and the global sparing requirements for gateways & customers. This involves all outgoing and incoming shipments, cleaning and organizing warehouse, preparing orders for shipment as well as inventory control.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
Receiving/incoming and outgoing shipments:
- Perform all warehouse handling activities for incoming and outgoing shipments. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves
- Prepare parcels for shipment and actively monitor shipments
- Prepare RMA shipments
- Read customer orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to criteria such as type or product code
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe to traffic
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Record amounts of items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
- Responsible for counting & checking of physical inventory
- Marking parts/products properly such as serial numbers, part numbers, and descriptions
- Maintain proper organization and location of large quantities of stock
- Rotate inventory (Old to front, new to back)
This position works in a warehouse location on hard concrete flooring, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. Climate control not always available.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and lift and carry objects. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally find means to move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
- US Citizen, Green Card Holder or US Permanent Resident
Education & certifications:
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Forklift operation Certification preferred
- Good command of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Good communication skills, both in writing and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Experience & specific knowledge:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar Logistics position
- Experience operating a forklift preferred
- Knowledge of logistics operations and processes
- Proactive with attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, initiative and drive to get things done
- Resourcefully working through or around anything blocking things that need to be accomplished
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment